Clutter-free living. Many satisfied clients.
TERRI’S TIP AUGUST 2020
This article beautifully summarizes what I also personally do to organize my jewelry. If you can’t see and easily access your jewelry, you probably won’t regularly wear it. And take the time to change out pieces if you own a lot. You need to designate a drawer to put in store bought or makeshift dividers so your various pieces can be in view. This article talks about the drawer method for jewelry storage and compartmentalizing. If you have a deeper drawer, then stack organizing trays on top of one another and keep the one on top for the items you wear the most. And store similar items together.
The article talks about another method being the jewelry as dècor method. Be creative with an organizer that will look good sitting out on top of a dresser for the most often worn jewelry and also put a few items in a pretty dish or tray — you can probably repurpose something you already own!
Other options not shown is to create a DIY organizer by reusing a frame or building one and stretching mesh over it to create a piece of framed art to mount on a wall which you attach earrings or hooks to contain necklaces to avoid them from tangling.
Or a behind-the-door or hanging clear pocket organizer to separate your rings from bracelets from earrings from necklaces. I got creative by using standard screws from my toolbox and mounting my necklaces on the sides of my bedroom closet. See pictures below!
Article credit: Architectural Digest: Jewelry Organization Storage Ideas
Check monthly for Terri’s advice on residential professional organizing!
- June 2018: Why you should rip the mailing label off magazines coming into your home.
- May 2018: 7 Steps to a Clutter Free Kitchen
- April 2018: The Psychology of Clutter
- March 1, 2018: 5 Surprising, Helpful Principles For Getting Organized
- February 2018: How to Be Happy
- January 2018: “How to Make (and Keep) a New Years Resolution”
- December 2017: Resources I personally use and highly recommend to clients and friends
- November 2017: Lessons learned from my personal relocation
- October 2017: Room Clean-out job takes nearly 20 hours
- September 2017: Sometimes I can’t make a difference...
- August 2017: Downtown office organization and design
- July 2017: Even your organizer needs to get organized!
- June 2017: I want to use my home office again!
- May 2017: I couldn’t have done this by myself
- April 2017: Tips for closets of all kinds
- March 2017: Living in the same apartment for 20 years
- February 1, 2017: Helping a Busy Working Mom
- January 1, 2017: Simple Living
- Dec. 26, 16: After Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza tip
- December 19, 2016: Under Bed Storage
- December 12, 2016: Cooking Tip
- December 5, 2016: Keep Travel Items Up-to-Date
- November 21, 2016: Time Management
- November 14, 2016: Errand Efficiency
- November 7, 2016: Proper Disposal of Medications