Clutter-free living. Many satisfied clients.
TERRI’S TIP OCTOBER 2018
It’s not Spring but Spring Cleaning tips still apply!
(1) The well-known organizer Julie Morgenstern coined SPACE: Sort, Purge, Assign a home, Containerize, and Equalize as the steps to delve into each and every space in your home that need tweaking.
(2) Set a timer or get a visual Time Tracking device and set limits for how long you’ll spend decluttering/cleaning. Or, keep track of how long it takes you to accomplish certain regular tasks.
(3) Play upbeat music to get in the mood to get yourself back to baseline.
(4) An over-the-door shoe organizer can be used in so many different ways! In a front entry closet for hats/scarves/gloves or sunscreen/caps/sunglasses and bug spray. In a bathroom for all your bottles and tubes and brushes.
(5) Clean the inside of your appliances. The same rule applies like when we’re decluttering and organizing — everything must come out first (eg. fridge/freezer.) It’s a good chance to remember what you have in there and use up or throw away!
(6) Go through your linen closet and treat yourself to new items if the older ones are unused or worn and torn. Donate to your local animal shelter.
(7) Matching and non-slip hangers are visually pleasing, thinner, and keep certain fabrics of ladies’ clothing from coming off.
(8) AND, purging and organizing your digital space is as important as doing the same in your physical space.
The entire article and the digital tips can be found in the complete article.
11 Easy Spring Cleaning Tips from a Local Professional Organizer
Check monthly for Terri’s advice on residential professional organizing!
- June 2017: I want to use my home office again!
- May 2017: I couldn’t have done this by myself
- April 2017: Tips for closets of all kinds
- March 2017: Living in the same apartment for 20 years
- February 1, 2017: Helping a Busy Working Mom
- January 1, 2017: Simple Living
- Dec. 26, 16: After Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza tip
- December 19, 2016: Under Bed Storage
- December 12, 2016: Cooking Tip
- December 5, 2016: Keep Travel Items Up-to-Date
- November 21, 2016: Time Management
- November 14, 2016: Errand Efficiency
- November 7, 2016: Proper Disposal of Medications
- October 31, '16: Don’t Buy in Bulk
- September 19, 2016: Use up Consumables
- September 12, 2016: Small toiletries
- Sep 5, 2016: Organize for 10-15 minutes every day
- August 29, 2016: Kitchen Clutter
- August 22, 2016: Dealing with Memorabilia
- August 15, 2016: Desk Top File Sorter