Clutter-free living. Many satisfied clients.
TERRI’S TIP NOVEMBER 2018
Makeup Organizing and Storage
This article is great for women everywhere with too much makeup, small samples, and hair products they tried and didn’t like. The first step is to admit you have too much and be realistic about what you need, use and love! Please click on the link to see the pictures in the article. There is no way any of us could be using all the products contained in the plastic rolling cart.
Next, get rid of expired products. Yes, they do expire and you might have a skin outbreak. If you haven’t used it in all that time, you probably aren’t going to.
Downsize! You might be overwhelmed by all your products and just using your tried and true regulars/favorites. Sort through what you use and what you want to try — and commit to using the new items. You’ll soon realize if you should keep them or not.
Then you need to organize based on the space you have. You might keep all your brushes/pencils/longer lip glosses in glass jars you’ve recycled from your kitchen. Drawer dividers typically used in an office for pens, etc. can be used to sort mascaras from eye shadows.
Use a 3-4 drawer desktop plastic drawer organizer to separate out your categories. I have one with cleanser, serums, eye creams and night cream and my bedtime routine is a no-brainer.
Don’t be tempted to keep buying and getting free samples. Use what you have and make it fun to “shop” in your own bathroom cabinets and drawers!
How to Organize Makeup
Check monthly for Terri’s advice on residential professional organizing!
- July 2017: Even your organizer needs to get organized!
- June 2017: I want to use my home office again!
- May 2017: I couldn’t have done this by myself
- April 2017: Tips for closets of all kinds
- March 2017: Living in the same apartment for 20 years
- February 1, 2017: Helping a Busy Working Mom
- January 1, 2017: Simple Living
- Dec. 26, 16: After Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza tip
- December 19, 2016: Under Bed Storage
- December 12, 2016: Cooking Tip
- December 5, 2016: Keep Travel Items Up-to-Date
- November 21, 2016: Time Management
- November 14, 2016: Errand Efficiency
- November 7, 2016: Proper Disposal of Medications
- October 31, '16: Don’t Buy in Bulk
- September 19, 2016: Use up Consumables
- September 12, 2016: Small toiletries
- Sep 5, 2016: Organize for 10-15 minutes every day
- August 29, 2016: Kitchen Clutter
- August 22, 2016: Dealing with Memorabilia
- August 15, 2016: Desk Top File Sorter